How to Start a Cake Decorating Business at Home is a practical guide to the key issues that you will face when you run your business.
Whether you make wedding cakes or cupcakes, to run a successful business you will need to become confident with advertising, web marketing, contracts, delivery, and food safety, as well as dealing with a range of other issues.
That’s where this book comes in. The book takes you, step-by-step, through different areas, answering key questions about how to get started – and how to keep going until you run a profitable and thriving business.
– Writing a business plan
– Choosing a business name
– Writing a financial plan
– Product ranges and pricing structures
– Developing the identity of your business
– How to make your business stand out from your competitors
– How to price your cakes profitably
– Pricing problems – discounts for friends and family, and cakes for charities
– Marketing and advertising
– Developing your web site
– How to make your web site into a customer magnet
– Direct marketing & e-commerce regulations
– Distance selling regulations
– How to put together an effective Order Form and Terms & Conditions
– Food safety & hygeine
– Getting your kitchen ready for the Environmental Health Officer
– Food labelling, food hazards, food allergies and intolerances
– How to put together your own Food Safety Management System
– Other issues – copyright, insurance