Imagine it’s another Monday morning. You’re standing at the bus stop, or driving on your way to work, like you do every day. What are you doing? Listening to your iPod? The radio? Wondering what you’ll do when you get home after work?
What could you do with $1,000 extra/month?
* Pay off that credit card you’ve been carrying a $5,000 balance on paying 25% APR
* Apply your extra money to the principal on your mortgage. If you had a 30 yr fixed $200,000 mortgage and you paid an extra $1,000 you’d pay it off 15 years early and save $157,962
* Work for yourself one day. Tell your boss to take his 9-5 and shove it. If you can grow your business, it’s been profitable since day one which removes most of the risk associated with starting your own business
* Extra spending money for things like a new motorcycle, partying like a rockstar every weekend, a boat, or flying your entire family in for the holidays and making them cook and clean (ok, maybe that’s just me)
* Travel to an exotic location for one month out of every year
* Sleep great at night knowing that your bills are paid, you’ve got extra money in the bank and you’ve got a 6 month emergency fund.
And it’s not only about the money.
* 89% of freelancers describe themselves as happier since they started freelancing
* 44% freelance part-time to make extra cash
* 71.8% decided to freelance for more flexibility